The Norwood Park Community has been around for a long time. It was at one point part of a private park known as “Benlamond Park”
The Davis Estate (mostly now the park itself, all of Glen Oak Drive, and parts of Glenmount Park and Benlamond Avenue) was created in 1938 at the behest of a committee formed to administer the property of Mrs. Emma Davis.
Mrs. Davis had been found to not be competent to manage her affairs, and as such, her property on Stoney Lake and her large 13 room house at number 2 Norwood Park (which was in very poor repair) were dealt with by a committee.
In the early years, Norwood Park had a Lawn Bowling pitch, and associated clubhouse.
This clubhouse and lawn bowling area has since been turned into a leash-free area for dogs
However, the washroom building is still in place and being used!
However, the washroom building doesn’t look exactly as designed…